Birches has a uniform which all children are expected to wear.
We suggest a combination of red, grey and white:
• grey trousers or skirt/pinafore
• white polo shirt (embroidered Birches logo optional)
• red sweatshirt/cardigan embroidered with Birches logo
• sensible black shoes (not trainers or trainer style), plain red or white ankle socks, long socks or tights for girls, plain black or grey socks for boys
• Summer uniform; grey tailored shorts or red gingham dress
Long hair should be tied back at all times with a bobble/hair band/clip in red/white only. Small red bows attached to clips/hair bands/bobbles are permitted. No Jo-Jo bows or large/extravagant headbands/clips etc. Nail varnish and temporary tattoos are not permitted.
To participate fully in P.E. activities the children will need:
For indoor PE: • elasticated pumps
• white T-shirt with Birches logo • red shorts
Plus an outdoor games kit comprising: • grey non branded jogging bottoms • red hooded zipped jacket embroidered with Birches logo • trainers
If your child wears tights to school please ensure your child brings a pair of red/white or grey socks
In the interest of safety, jewellery/earrings must be removed for PE lessons. A sweatband should be provided to cover any jewellery that cannot be removed for religious reasons.
All uniform items are avaliable from Bradsports at Bilbrook.
All items of clothing should be clearly labelled with your child’s name. If names are written in pen please ensure you check regularly as this can fade quickly.