Birches has a uniform which all children are expected to wear.
We suggest a combination of red, grey and white:
• grey trousers or skirt/pinafore
• white polo shirt (embroidered Birches logo optional)
• red sweatshirt/cardigan embroidered with Birches logo
• sensible black shoes (not trainers or trainer style), plain red or white ankle socks, long socks or tights for girls, plain black or grey socks for boys
• Summer uniform; grey tailored shorts or red gingham dress
Long hair should be tied back at all times with a bobble/hair band/clip in red/white only. Small red bows attached to clips/hair bands/bobbles are permitted. No Jo-Jo bows or large/extravagant headbands/clips etc. Nail varnish and temporary tattoos are not permitted.
To participate fully in P.E. activities the children will need:
For indoor PE: • elasticated pumps
• white T-shirt with Birches logo • red shorts
Plus an outdoor games kit comprising: • grey non branded jogging bottoms • red hooded zipped jacket embroidered with Birches logo • trainers
If your child wears tights to school please ensure your child brings a pair of red/white or grey socks
In the interest of safety, jewellery/earrings must be removed for PE lessons. A sweatband should be provided to cover any jewellery that cannot be removed for religious reasons.
All uniform items are avaliable from Lads and Lasses at Bilbrook or Trutex, Wolverhampton .
All items of clothing should be clearly labelled with your child’s name. If names are written in pen please ensure you check regularly as this can fade quickly.